Inside Science Buzzwords:
- LIDAR - Short for Light Detection and Ranging, a remote-sensing technique that measures distances such as the depth of floodplains by bouncing laser light off objects.
- T-LIDAR - Stands for Terrestrial Light Detection and Ranging; a remote-sensing technique that measures the height or mountain peaks or depths of valleys bouncing laser light off objects.
- Terrestrial - Related to Earth or land.
- StarCAVE - A virtual reality room where scientific data, such as information from T-LIDAR, is projected on multiple display screens giving the viewer the ability to see the information in 3D.
- Virtual Reality - A computer-generated environment that can replicate physical elements in a space, creating an imaginary world for the user.