Get Inside the Science:
Inside Science Buzzwords:
- Inorganic - Consisting of non-carbon-based elements.
- Ceramic - A material that contains inorganic and nonmetallic elements and is often formed through the process of heating and cooling.
- Titanium - A chemical element often mixed with other metalic elements such as iron or aluminum.
- Nanosheet - A film of material whose thickness is often measured in terms of atoms and is so thin that it can be considered two-dimensional in its properties.
- Carbide - A compound containing carbon and a metallic material.
- MXene - A nanosheet, made of layers five atoms thick, based on titanium carbide material.