Researchers identify the U.S. airports most likely to affect the transmission of epidemics.
Feb 12 2013 - 1:00pm
Get Inside the Science:
Which Airports Are Most Likely to Influence the Spread of Disease
- John F. Kennedy (New York City)
- Los Angeles International
- Honolulu International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- O'Hare International Airport
- Dulles International Airport (Washington D.C.)
- Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (Atlanta)
- Miami International Airport
- Dallas-Fort Worth Airport
Inside Science Buzzwords:
- Pandemic - An infectious disease that has spread across a large region or on multiple continents.
- Contagious disease - A disease that is easily spread from the person who is sick to other people through physical contact.
- Disease models - A mathematical model that combines information about a disease's origin, prevention and treatment that can be used in decision making.